What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Compact Audio Panel?

Pounder

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Needing to select an audio panel. Panel space is becoming issue.

Does anyone make a "compact" unit. I won't need to monitor marker beacons, or an ADF...

BP

Audio

I just installed a simple, NO panel space solution to my audio problem. Go to makerplane.org, go to their store, and look for "2 channel mono, 4 channel stereo Audio Mixer". It works very well, allows for volume control for each input, and if you don't need stereo, you get up to six channels of mono inputs, 4 of which have adjustable volume. If you don't want to hear all the inputs mixed all the time, just put in a simple miniature switch on the panel to turn on or off any audio you wish. Mine works great and the cost is $129
Ed

I just installed a simple, NO panel space solution to my audio problem. Go to makerplane.org, go to their store, and look for "2 channel mono, 4 channel stereo Audio Mixer". It works very well, allows for volume control for each input, and if you don't need stereo, you get up to six channels of mono inputs, 4 of which have adjustable volume. If you don't want to hear all the inputs mixed all the time, just put in a simple miniature switch on the panel to turn on or off any audio you wish. Mine works great and the cost is $129
Ed

I was looking at this idea for a plane that is upgrading... wrinkle was the intercom is being handled internally by the GTR200, and the GTR200 doesn't output signals necessary to handle transmit on COM2. Unless you do something micky-mouse like only setup COM2 transmit from the Pilot's MIC. The idea will work with a separate standalone intercom.

If you only need to mix in Listen functions, the idea above will work fine.

I was looking at this idea for a plane that is upgrading... wrinkle was the intercom is being handled internally by the GTR200, and the GTR200 doesn't output signals necessary to handle transmit on COM2. Unless you do something micky-mouse like only setup COM2 transmit from the Pilot's MIC. The idea will work with a separate standalone intercom.

If you only need to mix in Listen functions, the idea above will work fine.

I didn't include this schematic in the AMX-10A documentation, for simplicity. To use the AMX device with dual coms, add the switches shown. This is for the AMX-2A (10 channel mono), but similar methods work with the -10A as well (mixed mono/stereo).

IMG_0090.jpg

Last edited:
Back