What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BJC Jeffco transient

dan

Well Known Member
I'm gonna be tying the plane down for a few nights at BJC (Jeffco) in a couple of months. Looks like Stevens Aviation is the way to go for short term transient tiedown (Denver Air seems much more expensive - $20/night compared to $6/night), but I wanted to confirm this with local experts.

Thanks in advance!

If you can get it for $6/night that seems like a good deal to me. Denver Air caters to the jet crowd a bit more so I'm not surprised they are more expensive.

The FBO I fly with uses Stevens for fuel, etc - they are pretty friendly from what I've seen.

If you want to do some sightseeing in your RV let me know. :D

cc, thanks for the info! Sightseeing...would love to, but may not be able to on this "business" trip. If I get out there on a Thursday instead of Friday it might be doable.

Dan,

If you want to change to FTG I can probably find you a hangar to park in for the duration. I'll check around this weekend and see what the availability is. My hangar is full or I would let you stay there.

Gary

Good FBO

They hosted the 1996 cross country air race from Denver to Oshkosh. They were very accommodating and their facilities were nice. During my last couple of years before retirement I went to Boulder every month for a monthly management meeting at Ball Aerospace and the drive from DIA always had me going by there - great memories. Caltech rules prevented me flying my own plane on business (of course I broke the rules on short trips where I could get away with it) - too bad. Be careful - it is a sight to see but the ground reaches way up beyond where it should be.

Bob Axsom

zilik said:
If you want to change to FTG I can probably find you a hangar to park in for the duration.

I really appreciate your offer Gary, but I kinda need to stick with BJC. I'm teaching the SportAir workshop there. EAA said I may end up parking the plane at the school (and apparently crossing a road to get there?!). :eek:

Thanks again.

Ah, you must be doing the workshop at Westwood. I know they have some torn-apart planes at their building but I've never seen one taxi across the road!

Personally, I'd spend the $8/night and stay at the FBO - it's a short walk from there to the Westwood building.

Jeffco Parking

Stevens must have lowered their prices recently. I fly into Jeffco in my 6A around 3 or 4 times a year + our annual trip to FTG for RMRFI. Inside parking is $75 (same as Denver Air) and outside on the ramp they charge me $10.
The last time we were there (Christmas 05) I asked for fuel upon landing. When we returned 3 days later we had to wait over 30 minutes for someone to come out and fuel us. They were busy loading a biz-jet for a ski trip.
They do give you fresh fruit for the trip home! :D

Back