What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best stick w/ trim,comm flop, PTT, and A/P disc

Stick

What’s everyone using?

Best? I'm sure each builder has a preference. Tosten and Infinity seem to be the leaders.
Mine are Tosten laser engraved by Midwest.
Hat switch, CWS, Flap, PTT and Flip/Flop. One extra switch not assigned. Future use.
20220920_170535.jpg

I went with tosten military as well. Very customizable for whatever configuration you want, and the company was easy to work with.

I only went with a tosten grip on the left side. The copilot ptt is on the panel so it keeps my copilot stick easily removable without having to unplug a wire bundle over there. I realize that consideration might look a bit different in a tandem cockpit

RV-8 stick grip

I have an Infinity stick grip installed with a curved stick but the grip is not clocked. Major PIA to reclock so I’m switching to a straight stick and a Tosten Military grip engraved by Midwest panel builders. The Tosten is much more user friendly to install since it is already fully assembled. It can also be easily reclocked to suit.

IMG-8376.jpg

Last edited:
Infinity grip on all four builds.

Clocking the grip for either left or right hand is easy. Never had a switch fail on any of them.

Carl

Infinity swivel grip

I have an Infinity stick grip installed with a curved stick but the grip is not clocked. Major PIA to reclock so I’m switching to a straight stick and a Tosten Military grip engraved by Midwest panel builders. The Tosten is much more user friendly to install since it is already fully assembled. It can also be easily reclocked to suit.

IMG-8376.jpg

I made a grip that could swivel on my sailplane and loved it. JD came out with a similar grip design and has worked great in my 14, 10 will have the same design. Highly recommend !!

Stick grips

What’s everyone using?

Love the Infinity grip in my RV-4! Plenty of switches for whatever you need them to do. I find it VERY comfortable, including the hand rest on the starboard side. I sat with it for quite a while before I found exactly where I needed it to be. Happy with it after all these years. And they look cool! :cool:

Rear stick: doesn't need much and has to be removable so it is a carved wooden grip that Vans sold years ago with nothing wired to it. The radio PTT is on the side bulkhead of the rear cockpit.

Attachments

• img704 (2).jpg
    img704 (2).jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
The clocking of the Infinity is a pain. However, a buddy just installed Infinity’s swivel version. Install was easy. I thought the swiveling grip would feel weird but it felt perfectly natural to me in short order. It appears to me that simple drilling, tapping, and a set screw would fix the position.
I can’t speak highly enough of Infinity. Great grips and all the switches I need.

Those look nice, currently have the stock wood ones, rear stick will stay the same. Just need some added functions for AP etc for the panel I’m doing

Tosten CS-8 grips have worked great for both seats. They are ambidextrous and very comfortable. I have x-mit on the trigger, AP disc on the front button,
Electric trim on the hat switch, transponder ident and freq swap on the top buttons. Unless you are flying formation, not much else you need on the stick.

Tosten grip

What’s it run to have ‘em labeled

You have to order from Midwest Panel Builders.
They order the grips fabricated with a special plastic that allows the engraving.
Answer is I don't know for sure. I know what I paid for the two grips complete with laser etching. $548

Back