What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Backorders not shipping

It's the seat rails. I received mine yesterday, those and a bag of bearings for the wing kit.
should be the last BO item for the fuse kit. If I could get those LCPs I'm good to go :).
The fuse LCPs I'm told are scheduled to run in the next couple weeks though. So fingers crossed. maybe some toes too
The package arrived without any communication from Vans, no email or anything. It was in fact my seat rails so my fuselage kit is complete, and for that I’m thankful. I’m waiting to pay my final deposit on my finish kit and I’m hopeful to see it soon as well. Maybe we’ll get some info in the week to come on engine deposits…!

I received a call from VANs earlier today to confirm my shipping address. This was in regards to backordered parts for RV10 Wings kit.
It looks like they doing the job and moving in a right direction! Good news.
I hope they will soon contact me about my RV10 finish kit.

Has anyone had movement on their backorders? I keep seeing all these builders getting kits with the parts I’m still missing and I don’t know if I’ve been forgotten. My emails go unanswered.

Has anyone had movement on their backorders? I keep seeing all these builders getting kits with the parts I’m still missing and I don’t know if I’ve been forgotten. My emails go unanswered.
I’d suggest calling the parts team, politely asking them for an update, and then thanking them for their efforts regardless of what they tell you. I’ve spoken with them a few times over the last several weeks. They care, they appreciate our patience, & I am certain they are running pegged at redline.

My finish kit backorder parts shipped this week as well. And my lcp replacement replacements shipped (one part damaged and a few missing items). I'm happy with progress! I did call on the damaged and missing parts, my email had gone a week or so with no reply, so I followed up with a call. I did not call or email about backorder parts status.

My finish kit backorder parts shipped this week as well. And my lcp replacement replacements shipped (one part damaged and a few missing items). I'm happy with progress! I did call on the damaged and missing parts, my email had gone a week or so with no reply, so I followed up with a call. I did not call or email about backorder parts status.
Any chance those backorder shipments included Grove mains or bag 3215-1? I've been waiting on those two 14A items since June. Hoping this means mine are close!

Any chance those backorder shipments included Grove mains or bag 3215-1? I've been waiting on those two 14A items since June. Hoping this means mine are close!
I’m missing the same BO’d parts since June as well. Plus front gear, canopy parts and steps.

I’m missing the same BO’d parts since June as well. Plus front gear, canopy parts and steps.
I assume they're waiting to ship all your items in a single package. I was also missing those parts. When they called for firewall forward payment, I asked nicely to include the items showing in stock on the web store at the time. They included them. Prior to that, I wasn't successful requesting them to ship the parts at my cost. I ordered and paid for canopy hinges from the web store so I could get the canopy done. It was worth the $60.

I ordered some parts that were on back order a month or so ago.
They were shipped a couple of days ago.

I got notice last spring that my RV-7 fuselage kit would crate in Aug/Sept. Then it changed to Dec/Jan. Then the Chpt 11 happened. They told me as of right now, I can expect Aug/Sept of this year for crating. I just ordered my Finish Kit, in case that might take a year to receive.

Our latest RV-12iS kit (#6) arrived in late January with the back-ordered parts arriving this week, so we have no complaints at all. We have some LCP replacements to follow shortly. This kit was ordered in 2022 with the expectation we would have it for our 2024 build cycle, which commences each February at the start of the school year.

I do feel for people here who are waiting however it seems to me Vans are slowly getting their schedululing back on track and really its a case of sit tight, be patient and let it happen.

Like some other folks above, I got on Friday 4/29, unannounced, items back ordered from my fuselage kit. I got them in the same package as some back ordered items from the finish kit. The fuselage parts had been back ordered since 4/4/2023 or nearly a year. I'm now only lacking the Grove main gear stuff.

My post-bankruptcy scoreboard:
  • Finish Kit - Received
  • LCP - Received
  • Back ordered parts - Received (minus one item)
  • Engine - no news
Overall, I'm in a way-better position than I thought I'd be in.

Back