What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone using NEWEST Vividia BORESCOPE model 400i ?

BH1166

Well Known Member
Seems it plays nicer with all “screens” . It plugs into phone, tablet, apple, android etc. Not wireles, but has 6’ cable to your screen choice.

Attachments

• IMG_0726.png
    IMG_0726.png
    739.3 KB · Views: 69
I just got one a few months ago. The resolution is great and it works well with ipad and iphone. The only downside is the camera light is NOT adjustable. I have spoken with them about this and they tell me that this is true. It doesn't seem to hurt except when you want to reduce reflections.

I purchased a vividia semi flexible borescope at Oshkosh a couple years ago. In all honesty, it ended upping a giant pita with all of the adapters and plugs and iPad/phone. Last year I bought a $99 Teslong from amazon. It has a 5mm end and two cameras, forward looking and side facing. It can with a battery powered monitor about the size of an iPhone. No extra cables or adapters required. It works great. The only thing it doesn't have is the articulating end...but the side facing camera closes that gap.

I really haven't used the vividia since I purchased the Teslong.

Dito on the Teslong. A very useful unit without a large $$$ layout. And self-contained. I used it recently when I was doing my wobble testing and getting a great look at the valves and cylinder walls. Yep: that exhaust valve looks like a take-out pizza! Perfect. Took pictures with the unit to document what they look like now. Does it take a little more bending the probe around to make it look at what you want it to? Yes; but not a big deal. Just takes a little experimenting and it will look anywhere you want it to look. Variable light intensity as well. I belive there are two available (it's been a while); I have the 'smaller' probe, whichever that one is.

I will take it over to a friend's hanger today so we can check out a fuel line track he is putting in his Cub. Very useful. One knows it is a good instrument when people start coming over to borrow it!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I purchased a RALCAM a year ago and am very happy with it. It does have an app that works with iPhone or Android. It takes better images than the older VA-400 that I have borrowed from a neighbor and is 1/3 the price of the VA-400 last time I check.. I am pretty happy with it but need to use it more. Wish I have a neighbor or friend that wanted to borrow it so that they could try before they buy.

Certainly not an answer to the OP's question, but in typical VAF fashion I'll say that though Vividia as a brand was one of the first affordable to be on the market, things have evolved... I'm now using a Vevor 6.3mm ø 180° head hires with display and rechargeable for the equivalent of $100.
Quite a few brands on the market with better/cheaper offerings.

Teslong .20 lense 5 foot endoscope

Currently $80 on Amazon.
That's the one I have. Look up Teslong inspection camera on Amazon and that will get you there. Get the 0.20" (5.5mm) lens and the 5-foot-long endoscope. $89 before using the $9 coupon. The longer endoscope has the larger 7.5mm tip which is too big; don't get that one. A friend of mine has that one and always wants to borrow mine! Bargan at twice the price! No: I did NOT use it to look up my nose.........or in my ears..........:LOL::ROFLMAO::p

OK, model numbers for either of these? Both brands have more than one model type. (I assume the RALCAM Gary pointed to is the model purchased.....but ya know what they say about assuming....:unsure:
The link I posted is to the model that I have.

73179682251__2D2CBB34-DD9A-4370-B904-8CFBD1B37303.jpeg

The Amazon websites says: ‏ : ‎ B0BQLPB8VS

Back