What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone running a Titan XIO-360?

Hey everyone,

So, I got the airplane home and she flies great! Learning what all the bells and whistles do. Have not flown as much as I have wanted (life happens) but one concern I have is fuel pressure. I noticed it was a little on the low side when I was flying it during the pre buy, but the engine ran great and flows looked normal. Now that my “vision” in the cockpit has gotten better with more experience it seems that the fuel pressure should be higher. The boost pump on pre start shows around 20 psi, but after start it shows 10 to 12. At cruise between 10.5k and 11.5k it will show just above 8 psi. Engine runs fine and leans back to below 9 gph with the fuel pressure just above 8. I’ve verified pressure at idle of around 10 with an analog gage. I can’t seem to find any charts from ECI as they are out of business. A couple of mechanics at my local field have looked into it and they are thinking this is Normal for an AN type vane driven fuel pump.

Question is: does anyone have a chart for an injected Titan 360 fuel pressure/flow/hp?

I spoke with the previous owner and he verified that it always was lower pressure like that. He just flew it for 850 hours and it ran just fine.

Thanks,
Danno

Data point may help, maybe not:
Aerosport/Lycoming IO360.
FI - Precision Airmotive RSA-5 Servo
Fuel pump - HI pressure
Consistently indicating 24-26 PSI all flying speeds.
Boost pump ON = 30.

Danno,
I run a Titan IOX-360 8.5:1 built by Titan prior to all the changes and sale, with Precision Silverhawk EX-5VA1 injection servo. My fuel pressure with boost pump off is 25psi - ish and 28psi - ish with boost pump on.

If you have an email address I can send you 2 documents for reference.
-Clam

You probably have the continental style FI system they sold briefly, shoot me an email I think I still have a manual for it.

I delivered a Blue -7 once that had that Titan Continental style fuel injection.. it seemed that the fuel pressure was controlled by the mixture knob.. wondering if this is a similar system..

Looking for a test kit

This might be a long shot, but does anyone out there have a Titan fuel calibration test kit? It basically is a gauge with a selector valve and two connectors that attach to the metered and unmetered ports of the Fuel Injection System Throttle Body Assembly. I can collect the parts an make one but it would be much easier to find an original from Titan. If you have one PM me and we can discuss borrowing it or buying it.

Thanks, Dan

Back