What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone have a crating date for a RV-12iS Finish Kit?

Rv-12David

Hi All … just wondering if anyone has been given a crating date for a finish kit lately.

I ordered my kit last March and originally had a February-March estimate before Van’s situation. I agreed to the new terms quickly after receiving the email. So far I haven’t heard anything else.

The finish kit looks to have a lot of stuff from outside suppliers so I imagine it’s a task to get it all together.

Hi All … just wondering if anyone has been given a crating date for a finish kit lately.

I ordered my kit last March and originally had a February-March estimate before Van’s situation. I agreed to the new terms quickly after receiving the email. So far I haven’t heard anything else.

The finish kit looks to have a lot of stuff from outside suppliers so I imagine it’s a task to get it all together.
I am in the same boat. Placed my order and deposit about a month before Ch11, with a projected delivery Feb-March. Haven’t heard anything. I did receive the emp, fuse, and wing kits a couple of weeks ago (ordered at same time), so I have some stuff to stay busy with!

My finish kit was projected to crate 4th qtr 2023 then slid to 1st qtr 2024 then the crap hit the fan. A few weeks ago I was told I was 19th in line for my finish kit so obviously those original projections were never gonna be realized even if they had not filed chapter 11. Unfortunately I am afraid the original projected crating dates are meaningless at this point.

According to the last update video, somehow they are able to supply ~ 3 finish kits a month to the LSA build shop. Looks like they are getting priority from my perspective.

Thanks for the input. I’m guessing they are waiting on some outside supplied parts to complete the kits.

I’ve completed the tail, wings and I’m just about to finish the fuselage kit in the next week or so. I hope not to be sitting idle for too long.

Hope we’ll get some updates soon.

Made another enquiry to Van’s this week. They say my Finnish kit is now scheduled for May. Probably a good thing as it will have me doing the canopy work in the hot summer weather.

I emailed Van's last week to ask about crating/shipment of my finish kit that I ordered early last October. I received an answer from Anne saying I am on the crating schedule for July. Hope they can stick close to that.

I emailed Van's last week to ask about crating/shipment of my finish kit that I ordered early last October. I received an answer from Anne saying I am on the crating schedule for July. Hope they can stick close to that.
Thanks for making May sound better. Hope those dates stay solid now.

Back