What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Annual Inspection (ELSA)

Roku

Hello All
I'm wondering how much an annual inspection would run me for a RV-12 ELSA. Ball park cost that you may have paid for in the past (A&P or LSMRA).

Yes I can take the 2 day class and do it myself, just wondering on the cost.

Many Thanks in advance
Erich

This is one of those questions with a two-word answer; it depends. I have been flying for over 20 years, owned a Cessna 150 for 12 years, and recently sold it and bought an RV12. I always did owner-assisted annuals and paid between $500 and $ 1,000, not including parts.

I did all the opening, closing, and removal of the interior, lubrication per the maintenance manual, breaks, bearings, plugs, tires, tubs, etc. On average, about 20 to 30 hours of work. I figured I saved on average $2,500 a year in labor and got a great education working with excellent A&P, and IA’s. I wish I logged it all.

In June, I attended Rainbow Aviation Services 15 day class and got my LSRM-A. Primarily to do my condition inspections, but also to assist others with theirs and have a little income in my retirement. I highly recommend Rainbow classes 2-day or 15-day classes.

Vic Syracuse charged me $1500 for the condition inspection portion of the work on my RV-12 about a year ago. Other work and parts were extra, of course.

$1,200 flat rate, excluding parts and anything outside the norm. My A&P/IA is a pilot, and owns a SportCruiser and a gyro, and is a balloonist! He's heavy Rotax-qualified and does a ton of Rotax work, including performance mods. My plane is in his shop now for the annual condition inspection.

Back