What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Air Filter Test

gasman

Well Known Member
Friend
In another post, WIX oil filter beat out the K&P reusable oil filter by a big margin.

Here is an air filter test that will show that WIX air filter also beats the K&N air filter that we use in our RV's
and proves that the K&N is almost useless as an air filter.
Link......

If you own a K&P oil filter and didn't like the results of the oil filter test, you won't like the results of this test.

K&N filters are useful for stopping large rocks and bugs from getting into your engine. Anything much smaller will pass through.

These filters became popular in the 1970s with motocross racers, many of whom ended up at the machine shop where I worked for an overhaul. They were the best thing ever for our business, and I loved them for generating so much pocket money for me.

Thankfully our exposure to dust and dirt in aviation is far less than motocross, so these filters are probably "ok" for our application. Assuming you don't do a lot of ground running in a dusty environment, or fly when the Sahara dust is active. https://atmosphere.copernicus.eu/co...saharan-dust-outbreak-adds-very-active-season

K&N filters are useful for stopping large rocks and bugs from getting into your engine. Anything much smaller will pass through.

These filters became popular in the 1970s with motocross racers, many of whom ended up at the machine shop where I worked for an overhaul. They were the best thing ever for our business, and I loved them for generating so much pocket money for me.

Thankfully our exposure to dust and dirt in aviation is far less than motocross, so these filters are probably "ok" for our application. Assuming you don't do a lot of ground running in a dusty environment, or fly when the Sahara dust is active. https://atmosphere.copernicus.eu/co...saharan-dust-outbreak-adds-very-active-season
Volcanic ash... Some of us do fly in the 'Ring of Fire'

Probably few of us would be willing to accept the reduced MAP/performance that would be inevitably linked with better filtration, for the reasons Mickey stated.

Probably few of us would be willing to accept the reduced MAP/performance that would be inevitably linked with better filtration, for the reasons Mickey stated.
Sure, just like your MERV rated HVAC filter at the home or office. Cleaner air is certainly desirable but the need to clean/replace filter more often

Back