What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What to use for windshield to frame joint?

FulltronAviation

Custom RV painting by Fulltron
Advertiser
Fulltron got this question yesterday from Tom (sometimes it takes me a day or two to respond).

HI Dan,
What product do you use to seal the joint around the edge of the windshield where it meets the frame after painting?
I'm thinking about a very thin strip of black polyurethane sealant like maybe 3m 5200.
I'd like to find a product that can be spread out very thin and still flow out to look nice.
Thanks for your help.
Tom

Hi Tom,
Our crew uses Pro Seal. It's as messy as 5200, so we mask before we put Pro Seal on. Attached is a pix of the label of the exact ProSeal that we use. There are different cure times available with ProSeal, but this is what we use. Thanks for your question, and I'm going to post it on forum too, so other RV'ers who might have the same question can see it. If you have any other questions feel free to email me, Dan

Attachments

• IMG_5727.JPG
    IMG_5727.JPG
    854.4 KB · Views: 20
A key point here is this is black Proseal- both components are black. You get a much darker finished product with this versus standard Proseal, which uses black catalyst and white base material.

Back