What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

vernier control repositioning

egp8111

Well Known Member
Patron

I want to get rid the center pedestal. Is there anyway of removing the knobs off the cockpit end of the vernier controls rather than having to remove and reroute everything from the engine side ?
Thanks
Skip
NC

I want to get rid the center pedestal. Is there anyway of removing the knobs off the cockpit end of the vernier controls rather than having to remove and reroute everything from the engine side ?
Thanks
Skip
NC
Depending on the manufacturer, But probably not.
That said, getting rid of the center leg restriction is a good deal. I put the Andair fuel valve where it is in the factory location and everything else is on the panel without the bottom extension I see on yours. I had the extension, But, it went bye bye when I repaneled the plane a few years ago.
Just unhook them and drag them out. Not to big a deal once you've done it.
Go for it. You will like the room. To bad you can't get rid of the shin cutting lower addition at the same time.
My luck varies FIXIT

As mentioned above- some vernier control cables have a nut that holds the cable housing to the base. your manual trim cable has that arrangement for sure (don't loose the little ball bearing when you pull it apart though!).
If not, you will have to disconnect the cables at the carb/servo & snake them all the way out.

Back