What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TT Aileron servo question - Andrew?

Tankerpilot75

Well Known Member
I’ve got the TruTrac Vizion 385 autopilot in my aircraft and for the second time I’ve noticed my heading drifting unexpectedly. I moved the stick left and right and there wasn’t any resistance however there was resistance and control in pitch. Recycled the A/P engagement several times and after the third recycling it appeared to regain heading/aileron control with left right stick resistance.

Question: does this sound like an aileron servo issue or a control head problem? Any ideas on how to better identify/isolate the problem?

Andrew please chime in!

Hmmmm, usually when a servo or controller gives up it doesn't come back.

How old is the roll servo? some VERY early servos could overheat and quit when run at 28V, but I doubt that is the case here.

Check the connector at both ends, make sure it's not partially seated or has a broken wire or something that could make intermittent connection.

email me directly if you wish...happy to help!

Always check easy things first. Check that the shear pin has't sheared. Sometimes the break is uneven and the pin can actually sort of re-engage as if it was okay (but a strong left-right on the stick will unstick a broken pin).

Back