What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrac Gemini AP DG inop

HotRod6A

gemini is slaved to a IFly 720 to track a heading. It appears the arinc signal to the AP is not being received, so the AP DG is inop. I checked all the connection/cables associated with this signal to no availablity. Is there a way to check the ARINC signal from the gps to further Isolate components.

the AP has two inputs for ARINC signals, I might try the other, but after this test I’m out of ideas.

any help will be greatly appreciated

cheers
Rodney

gemini is slaved to a IFly 720 to track a heading. It appears the arinc signal to the AP is not being received, so the AP DG is inop. I checked all the connection/cables associated with this signal to no availablity. Is there a way to check the ARINC signal from the gps to further Isolate components.

the AP has two inputs for ARINC signals, I might try the other, but after this test I’m out of ideas.

any help will be greatly appreciated

cheers
Rodney
The iFly only sends NMEA 0183 via serial not ARNC. You can connect the serial line from the GPS to your laptop and use a terminal emulator to connect to and monitor the stream from the GPS.

The gemini only has one arinc429 input, 2 wires for differential channels A and B on pins 14 & 15 , it also needs a GPS input connected to pin 17 which is where you would connect your iFly set to NMEA 0183 as suggested.
Figs

Back