What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Superior Cold Air Sump Documents

rsr3

Well Known Member
I recently ordered a Superior cold air sump for my engine and accidentally ordered just the sump rather than the kit. I’ve since ordered the components of the kits separately but none of it came with any documents. Does anybody have the paperwork / instructions that came with their sump kit that they could kindly scan and post here for me, please?

I recently ordered a Superior cold air sump for my engine and accidentally ordered just the sump rather than the kit. I’ve since ordered the components of the kits separately but none of it came with any documents. Does anybody have the paperwork / instructions that came with their sump kit that they could kindly scan and post here for me, please?
There wasn’t any documentation included with the sump kit I purchase either. I think they assume that you know how it goes together per the overhaul manual.

There are NO instructions that come with the kit.

IMG_1915.JPG

It is pretty much a replacement sump that is installed same as the old one listed in the parts manual.

IMG_1916.JPG
IMG_1917.JPG
The cold air induction pretty much bolts on and like the sump, will only fit one way.

You used to be able to get all of the Superior build manual/documents on line…that might have it if the web site still has them (I haven’t checked).

Sort of like Apple products however - they seem to assume that everything is intuitive, and no manuals are required….

For anybody considering going down this path that did not or does not have documents, this is what Superior just sent me. Hopefully it will be useful to someone.

Attachments

• IMG_9239.jpeg
    IMG_9239.jpeg
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 34
Not sure whether you have your exhaust pipes installed yet...
One word of caution is to make sure your oil drain does not interfere with the exhaust pipes. I was one of the early installers replacing the ryton sump and had to relocate the oil plug to a side port as the bottom ones were blocked by the exhaust pipes. I noticed in one of the images above that they are still using the silicone intake pipe hoses. They should be 3" long vs the 2" standard ones.

Thank you for the info - I ended up going off piste from my original M1B build as I chose not to continue with my order for a new engine. My (used) engine is currently being rebuilt, along with the addition of a cold air sump and conversion to fuel injection. At this stage I don’t even have an exhaust and will speak to Clint at Vetterman again once the engine is hung!

Back