What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spinner replacement

TL Brown

I'm New Here
Patron
I recently bought a relatively high time RV-6 and would like to replace the existing fiberglass spinner. Does anyone have experience with installing and using the Spinner kit C2396, sold by Sensenich for the 72 FM8 series propellor? Any other spinner suggestions and recommendations would be much appreciated.

I recently bought a relatively high time RV-6 and would like to replace the existing fiberglass spinner. Does anyone have experience with installing and using the Spinner kit C2396, sold by Sensenich for the 72 FM8 series propellor? Any other spinner suggestions and recommendations would be much appreciated.
Tom,

No experience with installing and using the Spinner kit C2396, sold by Sensenich. However, it looks like the aluminum spinner (installed by the builder) that I had to replace due to cracks around the screw holes and prop cutouts. The spinners that are flanged around the prop cutouts probably hold up better. The Van's fiberglass spinner that I replaced my aluminum one with was relatively easy to install and has been trouble free.

Tom,

No experience with installing and using the Spinner kit C2396, sold by Sensenich. However, it looks like the aluminum spinner (installed by the builder) that I had to replace due to cracks around the screw holes and prop cutouts. The spinners that are flanged around the prop cutouts probably hold up better. The Van's fiberglass spinner that I replaced my aluminum one with was relatively easy to install and has been trouble free.
Thanks David

Back