What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shout out to Custom Ducts

rvanstory

Well Known Member
I just installed new ITT SCEET ducting (not SCAT) in my RV10 and am VERY impressed!!!

First, just the general "feel" of the product will tell you it's much better quality.

Second, with the siliconed end treatment from Custom Ducts there is no stupid wire to get into the way. Installation is 1,000 times easier. No curling lip of fabric, no wire to come unraveled... It was SO easy to slip on and clamp down.

Third, Nathan at Custom Ducts has EXCELLENT customer service!! I made a mistake on one of my measurements and he's graciously exchanging my mistake for a correct length tube. That's above and beyond customer service. From order to arrival of ducts was about 5 business days. That's great for a custom made product.

If you are replacing your SCAT duct, or just want to upgrade, Custom Ducts is a great choice! It's not cheap, but neither is anything else in flying.

https://customductsaircraftsceetandscat.com/itt-sceet-ducting/

Been using Nathans's SKEET for years. Great quality and great customer service!! Since the cuff has silicone on both surfaces recommend using a very small amount of grease on the inside to reduce the risk of sticking and adhering to the metal tube, especially heat muff applications where the metal gets fairly warm. If you want to remove for inspection or another reason, they are difficult to slide back off without damaging the cuff.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-14 123653.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-14 123653.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 59
Back