What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shop space, rv14 build, other

RNB

Hello

i fly a nicely equipped c172. Retired. 6’6”, 270#, concerned about fitting in an RV. I’ve sat in a 10, found it awkward to get in, forget overall comfort once in. Toured the factory a few days ago, sat in rv14, think this could work, likely cut seat cushion height. No flights over 4 hrs yet. 400 miles to family.

ive been frustrated by aviation mechanic availability, was to start school in August for AP, goal for IA for my plane. No need to work.

perhaps I could now just build a 14 and accomplish the same goal of diy.

questions:
14 Seems good for the mission as I’ve never had more than one passenger. No kids.
100# is about all we carry flying commercial.
flight in 14, maybe 10 desired. Waiting to hear from Zack. Willing to fly or drive from eastern NC
16x20 shop space enough? I could maybe make it 16x30.
I like the thunderbolt engine idea, might just order all the kits to get on engine waitlist like 3yrs out.

thanks.

Hello

i fly a nicely equipped c172. Retired. 6’6”, 270#, concerned about fitting in an RV. I’ve sat in a 10, found it awkward to get in, forget overall comfort once in. Toured the factory a few days ago, sat in rv14, think this could work, likely cut seat cushion height. No flights over 4 hrs yet. 400 miles to family.

ive been frustrated by aviation mechanic availability, was to start school in August for AP, goal for IA for my plane. No need to work.

questions:
14 Seems good for the mission as I’ve never had more than one passenger. No kids.
flight in 14, maybe 10 desired. Waiting to hear from Zack. Willing to fly or drive from eastern NC
I like the thunderbolt engine idea, might just order all the kits to get on engine waitlist like 3yrs out.

thanks.
I have a friend taller than you in my 14A and he was OK in our trip from CA to Oshkosh all in one day, although on the way back he was tired of it. As for the shop size, people have built them in a smaller place but the more room the better, 16x30 would be awesome.

Hello

questions:

thanks.

Seems like the 14 is perfect for your needs. Get with Zach, he's awesome. That shop size will do until you have to do final assembly. Definitely order seat bottoms and backs that are reduced thickness.

Back