What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sheepskin seat cover recommendations

OmnAvia Interiors, LLC out of NC. They had a very high quality sheepskin used for jets with many colors to choose from they were not cheap. They are FAA certified for aircraft if you care. I was very impressed with the skins. Only problem was my local shop destroyed them when they tried to make seat covers. I recommend you use someone who knows what they are doing when it’s finally time to sew your seats. I ended up asking Abby at Flightline Interiors to help me but abandoned the sheep skin design.

I did manage to have one skin I had as extra that is now used as an accent in my living room.

I sewed my own seats from NZ sheep skins ... it was a solid challenge even with the right equipment (commercial walking foot machine) and some moderate level of experience. Having said that, be sure to find someone with some previous experience with thick wool material.

But they did turn out sweet. Can't recommend it enough!

Cheers

OmnAvia Interiors, LLC out of NC. They had a very high quality sheepskin used for jets with many colors to choose from they were not cheap. They are FAA certified for aircraft if you care. I was very impressed with the skins. Only problem was my local shop destroyed them when they tried to make seat covers. I recommend you use someone who knows what they are doing when it’s finally time to sew your seats. I ended up asking Abby at Flightline Interiors to help me but abandoned the sheep skin design.

I did manage to have one skin I had as extra that is now used as an accent in my living room.

We use OmnAvia as well, and they do provide a very good quality product. Here is a link to their website:

https://www.omnaviainteriors.com/aircraft-leather-sheepskin/

One suggestion if you are making your own sheepskin seat covers is to trim away the fibers in the seam allowance area before sewing. It's time consuming, but will produce a better seam. Also, keep in mind that the hides are small compared to leather. Only about 9 sq ft, so material usage is not very efficient.

Back