What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Selector Switch Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Tierney

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I need the VAF brain trusts help identifying the terminals on a miniature DPDT toggle Switch. I am trying to set up a “source” switch for my Bendix King xCruze 110, choosing between Skyview CNX and a GNS 480.

My original attempts were not working, and I have good information now on a method to connect the devices from Dynon.
However, I’m confused by the notation on the sides of the switch related to terminal numbers, as it seems different from online sources of DPDT switches. I have attached photos of the switch (bought from Radio Shack several years ago) and the diagram of the wiring connections from Dynon. The switch has 1, 2, 3 on the side, but I thought it should be 1, 3, 5.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Diagram.png
    Diagram.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230922_155159.jpg
    20230922_155159.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230922_155248.jpg
    20230922_155248.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 28
Does the other side have numbers? I would expect the 2 center terminals to connect to the trutrack. one nav source would connect to the top 2, the othe nav source would connect to the bottom 2. It should be easy toconfirm with a simple multimeter set to check for continuity

Schematic doesn't match the switch. Don't know where you got the schematic. Typically the two (longer) center terminals are the commons (3 and 4 in the schematic).

Along the long side typically the terminal opposite the switch handle is closed, but best to ohm it out. You do have a multimeter, right?

So 2 on the switch should go to the Bendix King xCruze 110 (whatever that is) and 1 and 3 to the Skyview CNX and a GNS 480 respectively.

Finn

Last edited:
Does the other side have numbers? I would expect the 2 center terminals to connect to the trutrack. one nav source would connect to the top 2, the othe nav source would connect to the bottom 2. It should be easy toconfirm with a simple multimeter set to check for continuity

Good grief, don't ask the internet, measure it yourself as described above. If you don't have a continuity tester make one from a flashlight battery and bulb.

Thanks to all, the continuity tester seems like the best option.
To answer some questions, the switch diagram came from Dynon, and the Bendix King xCruze 110 is the TruTrak Gemini autopilot (aka Vision series), after the BK merger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back