What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV14 Fuel System

Without starting the debate about gascolator / no gascolator.. has anyone completed an RV14 in the last couple of years that cna share what they did to satisfy the MDRA requirments? I know some have used the flyboys flush mount, but it is no longer available (I reached out, noone is manufacturing it anymore) so trying to make a decision. I would like to just do wing root filters and call it a day, but concerned that won't be good enough.

I guess this woudl apply to any fuel injected IO360 / 390 powered RV.. not just the 14, any experiences welcome.

Without starting the debate about gascolator / no gascolator.. has anyone completed an RV14 in the last couple of years that cna share what they did to satisfy the MDRA requirments? I know some have used the flyboys flush mount, but it is no longer available (I reached out, noone is manufacturing it anymore) so trying to make a decision. I would like to just do wing root filters and call it a day, but concerned that won't be good enough.

I guess this woudl apply to any fuel injected IO360 / 390 powered RV.. not just the 14, any experiences welcome.
I have never used the Andair gascolators (Used fuel valves and filters) but in general they make nice fuel system accessories.

Last edited:
I’m thinking a lot about this for my -14A as well as I also need to satisfy the MDRA. You’re right, the Aerolab was a great solution, but no longer available. If you are going EXP119 and haven’t made the fuselage yet, the tunnel has a lot of space available and would make a great place for a gascolator. But it would take a bit of work. Otherwise, I think wing root gascolators and the tunnel filter might be the best you can do.

I have helped an RV14 builder who got past the gascolator requirement. If you go this route, you will be snagged by MD-RA and then need to appeal to TCCA.

Back