What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Pedal Extensions

Av8torTom

Well Known Member
Added rudder pedal extensions from AntiSplat. Nicely made and easy to install. This should keep my size 13s off the brakes.
IMG_0548.jpg

I still don't get why the plans have brake pedals that require extensions for most folks. I solved it on my -7 by flipping the pedal side angle which placed the face further forward and the bar further back.

One advantage I do see for the extensions is a wider face for the feet to rest on. (Added cost not withstanding)

I still don't get why the plans have brake pedals that require extensions for most folks. I solved it on my -7 by flipping the pedal side angle which placed the face further forward and the bar further back.

One advantage I do see for the extensions is a wider face for the feet to rest on. (Added cost not withstanding)
My problem is because my feet are so big, it was hard to press the rudder pedal without applying the brakes.
The pedal extensions solved the problem. Not quite sure what you have done, but that sounds like it would have
made it worse for me.

Back