What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rivet Squeezer Recommendation

husabeast

Patron
Looking for comparisons between the Cleveland Main Squeeze and ATS Pro Super Duty. I've been using the ATS for quite a while now and sometimes get inconsistent squeeze due to both my tired hand and handles bending slightly.

Have you looked into the Tatco Squeezer? Brown tool sells it.. they are nice. The handles are the perfect length for -3 rivets, could be an inch or two longer for setting -4 rivets, but they still work.

If you get yourself a good pneumatic squeezer, you will find it is. well worth the investment. Most likely, you will use it 99% of the time and only use the.hand squeezer occasionally.

Looking for comparisons between the Cleveland Main Squeeze and ATS Pro Super Duty. I've been using the ATS for quite a while now and sometimes get inconsistent squeeze due to both my tired hand and handles bending slightly.
May want to consider yoke compatibility, as those are expensive. It looks as though the Main Squeeze uses the same yokes as the Avery, as well as the pneumatic squeezer, and the Numatix.

Last edited:
I can’t say enough good things about the Cleveland Main Squeeze. Unlike Walt’s comment, I find I reach for it first, unless I am doing a long series of identical rivets (e.g., trailing edge).

I can recommend the Cleveland Main Squeeze. I found it to be the go to for dimpling (other than skins) and squeezing out rivets. It is imperative to get the various yokes to accomplish 90% of the tasks you would wish to use this tool for but as has been said, the yokes are expensive so it is a non-trivial investment. I kept telling my self that I will be building more than 1 airplane so...

Another upvote for the main squeeze. I like to be able to mount it into my vice and with one hand I can dimple or rivet small parts that I can hold in the other hand. Basically, just pulling up on the squeeze handle. Yoke swap out takes 10 seconds.

Back