What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prices of Factory-built RV-12iS going up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvanwyk

On Feb. 1, 2023 I put a $5,000 deposit on a factory-built, basic model Van's RV-12iS, to be delivered in Q224. My contract price is $153,750. What will happen now? Will the price of the factory-built RV-12iS go up 32-percent? Will buyers be expected to sign new contracts? Or, are factory-built RV-12's immune from all of this?

I thought you filed a lawsuit against Vans for your SLSA deposit? So why would you order another? And if you aren’t, then why make a big to do about what the pricing will be? I’m sure the new terms/pricing on your current or possibly soon to be rejected contract would have been better than that of a new SLSA customer.

I thought you filed a lawsuit against Vans for your SLSA deposit? So why would you order another? And if you aren’t, then why make a big to do about what the pricing will be? I’m sure the new terms/pricing on your current or possibly soon to be rejected contract would have been better than that of a new SLSA customer.
Just asking the question. That's OK with you, I hope.
Besides, I would not be surprised if I get an offer email in January.
My guess is 30 percent increase, based on some information I got elsewhere.
FYI, my contracted price was $153,750 for a base model RV-12iS (plus a windscreen and a tow bar). And, I believe that if I were to have gone through with the purchase, I would have been expected to sign a new contract, probably in the neighborhood of $200K. I imagine that factory-built buyers will be facing the same terms as the kit buyers.

Last edited:

The same reason he sat there with his camera on making faces on zoom during the bankruptcy hearing. Attention seeking. Like a troll.

For all we know his whole story is made up.

[ed. When talk turns to lawsuits, rules violation. Thread closed. Take the lawsuit talk elsewhere. https://vansairforce.net/rules.htm. v/r,dr.
Yeah, I know....I'm Hitler. Complete monster. ;^)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back