What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pics: Solar Eclipse 2024 pics taken by RVators

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
....getting a dedicated thread started. You can click on the picture icon and upload (10) images per post if you have any, you would like to share.
v/r,dr

We ended up having 2min 5sec of totality in Highland Village, TX. Sitting in lawn chairs in the driveway. Corona the size of a baseball held at arm's length. Noticeable temp drop. Street lights came on. Venus and Jupiter in the FOV.

I may have yelled an expletive or two. Took nearly 59 years, but I finally experienced totality. Just wow!

The size of the corona naked eye during totality took my breath away. Multiple prominences. Gigantic cloud moved out of the way with 30 seconds to go, and we got 100% unrestricted viewing. We really were 50/50 on seeing it. You could hear small groups of people screaming all around the neighborhood.

Magical.

Go Moon!!!!!

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 2.08.45 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 2.08.59 PM.png

IMG_3770.png

Last edited:
I was supposed to take a picture?! The film seemed to only develop in flight at 11k'. Amazing. The bodies just so happened to align to celebrate my 50th. Maybe I blew out the biggest birthday candle ever.

Setup Seestar S50 between hangar and garage.

IMG_3320.jpeg

Time lapse images every 20-seconds for just over 2.5 hours and this is the raw 16-second video. I forgot to turn "auto center" on and about 1/2 through when the sun got to the bottom of the sensor, I turned it on. 1st time using this setup with time lapse photography. Only 80% sun covered at my location NC25.

1E268D08-646A-46E5-BD7A-854E512A2F2C_4_5005_c.jpeg

Still building on the RV-10 so we took a rental C172 up today from KFTW to Waco and back. Flew at 75 kts to catch the eclipse before having to turn back. Auto exposure makes it look brighter than it was but the view was amazing. And 5 min after the eclipse, the vacuum pump died in the C172. Coincidence or aliens? You decide.
-Bob

Attachments

• IMG_5635.jpeg
    IMG_5635.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 94
We had to fly 200 miles to find clear skies in the path of totality, ended up in Bucyrus Ohio. A job the RV-10 accomplished with ease. Awesome experience. Our eclipse photos don’t begin to do justice to the magic of the experience.
DA532F80-109A-40BE-A44C-E12C028CF522.jpeg
4FE967AD-C1F2-466C-89D4-BFC60F658274.jpeg

Still building on the RV-10 so we took a rental C172 up today from KFTW to Waco and back. Flew at 75 kts to catch the eclipse before having to turn back. Auto exposure makes it look brighter than it was but the view was amazing. And 5 min after the eclipse, the vacuum pump died in the C172. Coincidence or aliens? You decide.
-Bob
What’s a vacuum pump 😎?

Too amazed experiencing 2 minutes of totality in South eastern Illinois so I did not take any photos. I figured everyone else would be taking plenty that would be better than I could take with my iPhone.

Last edited:
Back