What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Op Technologies Sold

the_other_dougreeves

Well Known Member
From AeroNewsNet:

Aerosonic Purchases Op Technologies

Wed, 22 Aug '07
Says Buyout "Reduces Our Cost And Time To Market" Of New Products

ANN has learned Aerosonic Corporation, supplier of aircraft instrumentation and avionics equipment, has acquired 100 percent of the outstanding stock of Oregon-based glass panel manufacturer Op Technologies.

"The addition of Op Technologies? expertise and products to our company will allow us to compete on a larger scale across a wider number of aircraft models, and this transaction creates a path for meaningful revenue growth and reduces our cost and time to market for a family of products that addresses a significant component of our strategic plan," said Aerosonic Chairman, President and CEO David Baldini.

"We believe that this transaction will establish a new platform for future growth and will allow us to better serve our present and future customers."

Op Technologies currently produces a series of cockpit display solutions for experimental general aviation, including the Pegasus Integrated Avionics System.

As ANN reported in June, Op Technologies has also been developing similar products for FAA-certified aircraft, most notably for the Cirrus SR22.

Headquartered in Clearwater, FL, Aerosonic Corporation is principally engaged in the manufacture of aviation products. It did not disclose how much it paid for Op Technologies.

FMI: www.aerosonic.com

I just received this in response to an e-mail to Op's President

Deems,

We are working to get the attached letter out to everyone. It went out to
Dealers yesterday because that was a smaller list and now we are compiling a
complete customer list to sent it out to. If you are able to post this to
any of the RV builders sites, chat areas, etc. that would be a big help to
get the word out too. The bottom line is that this is a positive
development for the product because we now have a publicly traded company
that has been in business over 50 years behind us and their motivation is to
expand our business.

Best regards,

Dexter Turner
Aerosonic

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:18 AM
To: Dexter Turner
Subject: How about a letter from you to you customers regarding the
acquisition?

Dexter, I called the ph # today and was answered by Aerosonics
receptionist. I had heard the news about the acquisition, and decided to
remain calm and wait for 'more news' The mail lists have been buzzing. I
was really happy to see the improved customer service responsiveness to
customers this past year, and while I sit here waiting for a return call
from tech support, my anxiety level is increasing. I hope this is indeed
a good thing for you and for your customers, and sincerely hope that
Aerosonic doesn't abandon the experimental roots as it looks to the gold
mine of certified and military business.

An e-mail/letter from you to your customers would go a long way to
reassuring us that we're still your customers.

Thanks

Deems Davis RV-10

Here's a copy of a letter which was attached

1212 North Hercules Avenue ? Clearwater, FL 33765 ? P (727) 461-3000 ? F (727) 447-5926
August 27, 2007
To OP Technologies Dealers and Customers:
I am very pleased to let all of our dealers, customers and supplier chain partners know that OP Technologies, Inc.
has been acquired by Aerosonic. Aerosonic is a leading manufacturer of Flight critical aircraft instruments and
Angle of Attack / Stall warning systems for a variety of aircraft, from Boeing?s F18 to the new Cessna Mustang.
As many of you know, we have been working hard over the past year on a certified version of our displays. As
we progressed down the certification path, it became clear to us that a relationship with the right partner would
be a benefit to our certification effort, the customers for the certified product and our experimental products as
well.
Aerosonic has a rich history of manufacturing and servicing instrumentation as well as valuable technical expertise
with FAA environmental qualification testing and manufacturing issues. The combination of Aerosonic?s skills in
these areas and OP Technologies? glass panel product line and engineering skills made this the right relationship
and now was the right time.
Many of you saw us as OP Technologies last month at Oshkosh and commented that with our integrated
avionics packaged including features like the FLIR camera interface, we?ve come a long way in the last 5 years.
Joining Aerosonic make us part of a team that will foster and grow what?s been started with the Flight OP and
OP Integrated EFIS products.
Our current Flight OP EFIS, OP Integrated packages and the Pegasus IAS-E products will be manufactured
now as Aerosonic?s Display Products Group. Aerosonic is committed to supporting and expanding the products
and marketplace that has been established for our display products. Our current Q3 pricing is still in effect and
you can contact Aerosonic Sales and Marketing Department at 727-461-3000 to obtain quotes and place
orders in the same manner that you have been doing. There may be some increase in lead times as we transition
manufacturing from Beaverton, Oregon to Clearwater, Florida, but we will work to fill orders in a timely manner
with high quality. We will also be communicating with you as we firm up schedules for new products. For those
dealers that are attending NBAA next month, we will be exhibiting there as a part of Aerosonic (booth #7751).
We will also be attending the AOPA Expo next month but were not able to get display space there. We realize
that some of you are exhibiting at that show and will be getting new brochures out to you before the show and
visiting with you.
I am pleased to be a member of the Aerosonic team and in my new role at Aerosonic; I will work hard to
continue to provide you with excellent display products and service. As we move forward, Mr. Tom Bates,
[email protected] will be the primary point of contact for dealers of Aerosonic?s display products. Along
with the rest of the Aerosonic team I am looking forward to working with you as we grow our businesses
together.
Sincerely,
Dexter Turner
Vice President, Display Products Division
Aerosonic Corporation
[email protected]

Back