What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nov 21st X-01 Everglades city ETA 11:30

turbo

Well Known Member
i am planning on going to everglades city with the florida aero club. any RV's are welcome to join in. we have a bunch in the club that might be there. attached novembers calendar.
ffac12733x938.jpg

Turbo,

Eating lunch across the street, in town or on Chocolacksahoochee Island? (or something like that)

Bring bikes or will transport be available?

I can probably round up a few RV's from ZPH and a stray Lancair from Sanford. (That would be Don that you were chatting with at LAL last weekend.)

If WX is good, you can pretty much count on us.

carl, im back in stuart. they will have transportation. im planning on 11 am. using 123.15 inbound. see you there.

Might Make This

Deb and I have been in St Augustine, Florida for the past three weeks. If the weather permits (looking good) we plan on heading down there tomorrow. 339A is at the Palatka airport. We'll try to make it by 12:00. :)

all from the above post and more showed up for a great day of flying, food and fun. scott and his wife were out from colorado in there 9 working in northern florida and joined in for the fun. nice to meet some new RVers.
img0327ca.jpg

Nov. 21st X01 Eveglades City

That handsome devil does look like Eddy Fernandez (hi Vlad).
Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet Scot & Deb.

Left to Right...

George "Big Jorge" Barth
Eddy "El Jefe" Fernandez
Carl "Little Carlos" Raichle

Great day and perhaps the best blackened grouper in Florida at Triad Seafood. Flight back to ZPH at 9500' to clear the tops, dead into a 16 knot headwind at a blazing 125 knot ground speed. Took home a couple of pounds of $tone Crab$ for dinner. Great way to finish a terrific day.

Turbo and Eddy, thanks for keeping us posted on your flyouts. Look forward to more.

TNX Photos

Great shot of Everglades City

George and I are going to make it to KSEF in the morning - Are you?

X01 tomorrow?

Any Florida pilots up for a trip to X01 Everglades for lunch tomorrow? I know it's Monday but thinking some of you might be off for the holidays. After licensing Joe Tierney's beautifully crafted RV-7 at KCRG yesterday we headed down to St Petersburg as her Christmas present. Thought we might fly somewhere for lunch tomorrow and always wanted to try out the Everglades, but open to other possibilities. :)

Vic

Back