What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Newbie but all in!

Airzen

Well Known Member
Hi Folks,

I have been lurking around several months now and was going back and forth on whether to build or buy something flying.

An opportunity presented itself when a colleague of mine from work decided to sell his entire RV-8 QB project. It was a tough decision given the amount of experience I have. But I am all in ..... The feeling has not sunk in yet.

Looking forward to the journey (I bet it'll be long and sweet). And hope to interact and learn from many of you here (I have already been helped so many times!).

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on joining the ranks of builders:D

Dont worry, you will do fine. Take it slow and remember this is a learning process.

Welcome!!!
I'm in Bellevue and building a Rocket. I also have a Super Decathlon based at PAE. There is a pretty good group based up at PAE and a lot of RVers in the area. You should have no problem finding whatever help you may need or want. I see too that you've got a Staudacher; are you active in IAC 67?? We have an acro camp early next month and the Apple Cup in June.

Good!

Congrats on your acquisition! That should put you well on your way to having an -8 in no time flat.

Enjoy the journey!

Thanks

For the warm welcome.

Larryj: I am on the eastside as well, will be great to catch up in person. I am recent active member in IAC 67. So hopefully will be there for camp / Apple cup.

Moved again..

After letting the project sit for more than two months, I have decided to move to Axsys Air (RV-build facility near Seattle).

Just got the move done and really hoping that next time this RV-8 moves, it'll be under its own power ....

Back