What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Eggenfellner redrive pics

cjensen

Well Known Member
These pictures are rather large from the Eggenfellner website, but they show some nice detail of the Gen 3 drive.

000_0006.jpg

000_0007.jpg

Here are the three generations of reduction drives that the factory has produced.

000_0014.jpg

The Gen 3 is 2.02:1.

To see the pics in smaller format, check out the Eggenfellner news page here

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Who will do the testing

Are they going to test it before release and the data from the testing? Or will the customers be the test pilots? I think 500 hours of testing is reasonable.

It's been in testing for quite some time now. I don't know the hours they've put on it, but it is being tested.

Glenn, you know as well as I do that the customer/builder/pilot of any amature built airplane is every bit of a test pilot as the next... :)

Here's the link to the performance page on Eggenfellner's website with info on the numbers with the 2.02 redrive.

Aerobatic?

CJensen, can a -7 do aerobatics with this combo? Same restrictions as the Lyco with +G maneuvers?

Thanks

Shawn

Yep, positive only. There are some other things to consider if doing aerobatics with this combo, but it can be done safely.

cjensen said:
It's been in testing for quite some time now. I don't know the hours they've put on it, but it is being tested.

Glenn, you know as well as I do that the customer/builder/pilot of any amature built airplane is every bit of a test pilot as the next... :)

Here's the link to the performance page on Eggenfellner's website with info on the numbers with the 2.02 redrive.

Chad, Darwin made me ask.
:D :D :D

The flange appears to be an investment-casting. I think I would want a one-piece steel forging of the flange and final drive shaft if I were using a re-drive.

Back