What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Autopilot for my RV-6

rcsilvmac

Well Known Member
installed an Autopilot in my RV-6. If you are considering one, my logic may be of interest. Check it out here

Why I Bought the SuperECO Autopilot - Decision and comparison to Garmin GMC 507 & Bendix King XCruze
https://youtu.be/kV9AbdlGvRM

Very interesting. I looked at this set up before I went a different route (Trio) and a couple of things I didn’t like. Having to rebalance the controls and the bigger issue for me was the tabs protruding beyond the control surface edges. I have a few A/C in my hangar which are a tight squeeze to get around, I could see either blood and or a damaged servo tab/s.
Each to their own. :)

Agree

There are some downsides but the cost and overall capability of the instrument were my deciding factors. It flies great and made my trip to OSH so much more enjoyable!

It's the one I'm considering for my plane because you basically only have 1 thing that if it goes wrong you need to depend on the seller, the main unit. Everything else you can repair or replace without their help. There aren't any expensive servos and it's a lot easier to install.

worked great for me

I used the SuperECO on my flight to/from OSH from NorCal - and it worked great. As with any autopilot, it greatly reduced my workload during routine cruise which helped me enjoy the flight more and stretch a little more than I can when hand flying.

Back