What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Needed Part #VA-112

Someone over tighten my drain and now the flange is cracked. Tried to JB weld it to get me through the summer but still leacks. The part is a VA-112 Drain Flange for a RV-7. They are back ordered at Vans hoping someone here has one I can purchase.

PM me if you can help.

Thank you,

Carl Koele
Hicks Airport (T67)

Someone over tighten my drain and now the flange is cracked. Tried to JB weld it to get me through the summer but still leacks. The part is a VA-112 Drain Flange for a RV-7. They are back ordered at Vans hoping someone here has one I can purchase.

PM me if you can help.

Thank you,

Carl Koele
Hicks Airport (T67)
I have two. I can sell you one. I'll have to check if they are here at home or at the shop.

PM me if you can help.

Thank you,

Carl Koele
Hicks Airport (T67)
My buddy has the same problem.. I’m interested to know how you repaired it.. solid rivets and pro sealed though the inboard rib? Or pulled rivets swirled in proseal.. please share whatever you end up doing

I plan on removing tank and drilling out old rivets and working through the panel the fuel sender is mounted on to put in new rivets with pro seal. Seal up panel put fuel sender back and remount the tank.

I plan on removing tank and drilling out old rivets and working through the panel the fuel sender is mounted on to put in new rivets with pro seal. Seal up panel put fuel sender back and remount the tank.
Yeah that’s the better way to do it..

My buddy has the same problem.. I’m interested to know how you repaired it.. solid rivets and pro sealed though the inboard rib? Or pulled rivets swirled in proseal.. please share whatever you end up doing
Check out this link/approach by HRS. Worth a consideration if there's enough grip length in his rivets.

Just letting you know an option.

https://vansairforce.net/threads/fixing-a-leaking-rivet-on-fuel-tank.151846/#post-1748381

Back