What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need to borrow a hanger or workbench in Lancaster, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubblehead

Well Known Member
A rough running engine necessitated landing in Lancaster, TX last Saturday, so this Saturday I will be back at KLAN to clean the fuel injectors on my -8. After looking at the downloaded data from Skyview it looks like #3 cylinder has a clogged injector. I also want to pull the strainer on the servo and check the intake pipe on #1 cyl. The engine has a history of cracking the flange at the top of the intake tube and the data suggests #1 has an induction leak.

If you have a hanger there that I could use or work out of, or know of someone who does, let me know. I can bring a compressor and generator with me and work out on the ramp, but it would be so much better to work out of a hanger.

Thanks,

John
512-850-8339
[email protected]

Went to Lancaster Friday afternoon and cleaned the injectors out on the ramp. Darkness and low viz/low ceilings prevented ferrying it home that night. Walt Aronov was kind enough to fly me down Sunday morning and buddy up for the flight back.

Cleaning the injectors seemed to do the trick and the flight back to Hicks was uneventful.

For some reason I keep clogging up injectors. I looked in both tanks and there seems to be more Pro-seal than absolutely necessary. Perhaps little pieces of that is getting through the 100 micron AFP filter.

I think I will put wing root filters in like Danny King has and hopefully catch anything like that before it gets to the injectors. I am also going to pull the strainer in the fuel injection servo and the large filter this weekend and look for debris in there.

I always look carefully at the fuel I drain from the tanks and have never seen any debris in the tester, but perhaps it is too small for me to see but not too small to clog one or more injectors.

Since the plane is back in it's hanger at Hicks I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back