What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Memorial Day - a Remembrance

TomVal

Well Known Member
dsc01098cu.jpg
[/IMG]

photoaid.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Vietnam Vets...a very special link...

The following was forwarded to me about a month ago. Someone or some organization deserves a lot of credit for putting this together.

This is really sobering. Click on the link and find the city you went to high school and look at the names.
Click on the name and it will give details of the death.
Vietnam Wall

First click on a state. When it opens, scroll down to the city and the names will appear.

Then click on their names. It should show you a picture of the person, or at least their bio and medals.

This really is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.

I hope that everyone who receives this appreciates what those who served in Vietnam sacrificed for our country.

The link below is a virtual wall of all those lost during the Vietnam war with the names, bio's and other information on our lost heroes. Those who remember that time frame, or perhaps lost friends or family can look them up on this site.

Pass the link on to others, as many knew wonderful people whose names are listed.

http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

Last edited:
Who gave their all...

This, to me, is a special time. I thank God for those men and women who gave us this country, and all we enjoy here. On the canopy of my 9A is a memorial to Capt. William Omer Burkett, a close friend. I visited his grave a few hours ago. He flew an O-2 spotter plane.

Those who made it through give us an insight into what it was like. Each year at Oshkosh, I make it a point to visit with the Tuskegee Airmen. In 2011 I gave a copy of my book to Dr. Welton Taylor, one of only two Tuskegee Airmen to fly L-4s. He promised me a copy of his book, once it was published. In 2102, I stopped by the booth. He looked up, and without hesitation he said, "Bob! I owe you a book." He was 91 years old, and straight as an arrow. He went on to become head of the World Health Organization, after the war. Sadly, 2012 was his last year. I will miss seeing him.

Those who made it through, and especially those who did not, should be very special to us all. Take a moment and pray for our military, their families, and for the spirit that convicts men and women to offer their all. And thank God for what they have left us.

Bob Kelly
Veteran, and Silent Warrior

Back