What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lightspeed Delta Zulu

Cloudboy

My wife bought me a Lightspeed Delta Zulu headset for Christmas and I finally had a chance to use it a couple weeks ago. I have moderate hearing loss like most older guys. After tailoring the headset to my hearing loss I had trouble understanding some of the controllers at my local field (KFFZ). I experimented with the headset presets, made sure I had the latest software, redid the hearing profile process a couple times and still had trouble. My older David Clark passive headsets yield more understandable audio. Has anyone else had the same result and maybe found a fix? I would like to use the headset if I can get it to work for me.

My wife bought me a pair at Christmas as well. When I first tried them out in my -7A equipped with Dynon radio, it sounded like the controller was in a cave. I ran a firmware update on them and that corrected the problem but then my battery started draining down to zero, true for the rechargeable and Duracells as well. I ran a new firmware update yesterday so now we will see what happens. Right now, I haven’t been too impressed with them so far. I have two Zulu 3 headsets and love them! Hopefully, they will work out the bugs on the Delta Zulus.

My wife bought me a Lightspeed Delta Zulu headset for Christmas and I finally had a chance to use it a couple weeks ago. I have moderate hearing loss like most older guys. After tailoring the headset to my hearing loss I had trouble understanding some of the controllers at my local field (KFFZ). I experimented with the headset presets, made sure I had the latest software, redid the hearing profile process a couple times and still had trouble. My older David Clark passive headsets yield more understandable audio. Has anyone else had the same result and maybe found a fix? I would like to use the headset if I can get it to work for me.

I don't have the headset so this is just my guess. Based on their ads, it seems they introduced an EQ system to enhance the frequency range that you have trouble hearing. I suppose you can just set a flat EQ to disable this feature, then it should be exactly like your other headset. If it still does not fix the problem, it might be a hardware problem then.

Back