What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IO-360 EXP119?

stigaro

Well Known Member
I have an IO-390 EXP119 engine on order (don't we all?), and have the same concerns as many others going forward with respect to timing, costs, availability, etc. I'm somewhat committed to the EXP119 as I already have my -14A cowl and finish kit for the EXP119. With -360's being available through 3rd parties, would it be possible to build an IO-360 to the same configuration as the EXP119? I realize it will be limited to 200 hp or so, but I don't care so much about this.

I have an IO-390 EXP119 engine on order (don't we all?), and have the same concerns as many others going forward with respect to timing, costs, availability, etc. I'm somewhat committed to the EXP119 as I already have my -14A cowl and finish kit for the EXP119. With -360's being available through 3rd parties, would it be possible to build an IO-360 to the same configuration as the EXP119? I realize it will be limited to 200 hp or so, but I don't care so much about this.
The angle valve 360's with the front left governor mount are basically the same casting as the 390. The finish kit and cowling will work. You'll find that one bolt hole in the baflling kit won't line up but it's easy to deal with. Check out Wentworth Aircraft for an engine. Actually it looks like they currently have an IO390 with 61 hours since new. (Edit. The 390 Wentworth is selling does NOT have the front left mount governor.)

Last edited:
The angle valve 360's with the front left governor mount are basically the same casting as the 390. The finish kit and cowling will work. You'll find that one bolt hole in the baflling kit won't line up but it's easy to deal with. Check out Wentworth Aircraft for an engine. Actually it looks like they currently have an IO390 with 61 hours since new. (Edit. The 390 Wentworth is selling does NOT have the front left mount governor.)
Furthermore, it is sold. I checked with Wentworth on that one.

Back