What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior questions RV-7 / 9

Thierry A

Sponsor
How are the interior side panels constructed? Is it aluminum sheet as a base with the upholstery covering it or something else?

Am I correct in assuming the seats don't have backing they are just the foam and material?

How are the panels and seats attached?

Classic Aero in mine. The side panels are alu with the leather or other fabric glued to them (been a while since I installed, but there are multiple pieces, but easy to install.

on the seats, there are options. My seats have an integrated seatbacks replacing the stock ones, but you can do just foam inserts too.

All of that said, I really love my interior.

Like many things RV- lots of different options out there.

Thanks for the info Dan, that's what I was looking for. Is velcro used to hold the side panels in place?

You can use velcro strips to keep the cushions from shifting around. Gorilla has a product to semi-permanently attach side panels, like contact cement in rolls. I prefer velcro for mine.

I would recommend against a permanent or semi-permanent method of attaching the side panels - I've had mine back out of the plane several times for maintenance of other items. The side panels typically sit on top of the carpet, which has to come up to pull the seat pans, if you need to access that area.

Back