What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Instrument panel

Stinson4sv

I'm New Here
Looking for any assistance on a wiring diagram for my rv9a instrument panel. I will have a basic set of instruments, radios, lights.

Read Bob Nuckolls' book - The Aeroelectric Connection - and find someone locally who can help you.
Its not difficult but there are plenty of pitfalls for the uninitiated.
Where are you located?

Read Bob Nuckolls' book - The Aeroelectric Connection - and find someone locally who can help you.
Its not difficult but there are plenty of pitfalls for the uninitiated.
Where are you located?
What helped me was Steins videos showing details of how to, and building a relationship with his company for supplies.

Bob Nuckoll's book is absolutely a great resource for getting the basic architecture and concepts down. Wiring up lights, switches and stuff is relatively easy, even for a first-timer. As far as radios, transponders and PFD's (if you go that way), I'm a big fan of outsourcing to SteinAir or a similar supplier. Not only do they get the myriad pins and D-sub connections correct, they understand all the interconnections of the different components and how they communicate with each other. They also fire it all up on their bench to make sure everything is working correctly, all the software revision are correct, the configurations are properly done, etc. There's a lot to that.

I second having a pro prewire if you lack the skills to do it yourself. I'm a complete Bozo when it comes to radios and wires but PCA at Aurora Airport saved the day. I brought my radio stack to them and got it back with a wiring diagram and labeled wires for power and ground etc. Worth every penny.
danny

I just took the EAA class for electrics. Well worth the time and money. It gave me a basic wiring design overview and some basic hands on exercise in soldering, crimping, etc.

Back