What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IAT Insurance

MikeyDale

Well Known Member
Does anybody know of positive or negative experiences with IAT Insurance? I have received a 2 quotes from Galagher for 130k hull Insurance. I usually only get 1 quote from AIG for my RV7 because very few companies wants to insure a plane based on a private turf runway. The quote from AIG is for 2360 with 0 deductible for Not in Motion and 0 deductible for in motion. IAT quotes 1553 for 130k hull and a 100 deductible for not in motion and a 500 deductible for in motion. Both quotes are identical besides the 100 and 500 deductable. Difference in premium is 807! 500 deductible is less attractive but 807 is a lot! Not that it matters but I have right at 1200 total hrs, 1100 in tailwheel, and 700 hrs in an RV7. Never had a claim.
Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give me!
Mike N302RM

Does anybody know of positive or negative experiences with IAT Insurance? I have received a 2 quotes from Galagher for 130k hull Insurance. I usually only get 1 quote from AIG for my RV7 because very few companies wants to insure a plane based on a private turf runway. The quote from AIG is for 2360 with 0 deductible for Not in Motion and 0 deductible for in motion. IAT quotes 1553 for 130k hull and a 100 deductible for not in motion and a 500 deductible for in motion. Both quotes are identical besides the 100 and 500 deductable. Difference in premium is 807! 500 deductible is less attractive but 807 is a lot! Not that it matters but I have right at 1200 total hrs, 1100 in tailwheel, and 700 hrs in an RV7. Never had a claim.
Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give me!
Mike N302RM
I’d suggest you call up Gallagher and ask them the pros and cons. Knowing the answer is their business, unlike getting my opinion!!

I have IAT. I have had a very positive experience with them. I filed a claim and they handled it very quickly and professionally.

. I usually only get 1 quote from AIG for my RV7 because very few companies wants to insure a plane based on a private turf runway.
That is interesting. I never knew this was an issue, as I have been looking for airpark lots to move into. Sorry...back on topic now.

Back