What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Heated Pitot Phenolic Connector Source?

insulator?

I suspect it acts as an insulator between the HOT pitot and the interior wiring, wing, etc.

just my .02,

tx_jayhawk said:
Does anyone have a source for the phenolic heated pitot tube connector? Is it really required? Wondering why you can't just connect the wires direct to the pins on the pitot tube. Does the phenolic conenctor act like a heatsink?

http://images.rvproject.com/images/2003/20031222_connector_on.jpg

(Thanks Dan for the image).

Scott
7A Fuse
I don't know a source for the item shown and I realize that determination of material type by photograph is iffy at best, but the material appears to be a ceramic like material and not phenolic.

-mike

mlw450802 said:
I don't know a source for the item shown and I realize that determination of material type by photograph is iffy at best, but the material appears to be a ceramic like material and not phenolic.

There may very well be several different kinds. I have the "cheap" Chinese knockoff version and the connector is a dark brown phenolic-type plastic, but I agree that the one in the photo looks like ceramic.

mcb

Back