What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN 625 SB 23066 - ver 6.73 software

1bigdog

Well Known Member
Good Morning All

Has anyone done this update to a 625. Has it been stable and/or beneficial. I don't see a lot of value to the update so I'm holding off for now.
By the way, in the bulletin it makes mention of fixing an issue importing/exporting to a PED. What's a PED?

Thanks

Good Morning All

Has anyone done this update to a 625. Has it been stable and/or beneficial. I don't see a lot of value to the update so I'm holding off for now.
By the way, in the bulletin it makes mention of fixing an issue importing/exporting to a PED. What's a PED?

Thanks

Portable Electronic Device -- tablet, phone, etc. running Garmin Pilot or similar EFB (electronic flight bag).

thx

Portable Electronic Device -- tablet, phone, etc. running Garmin Pilot or similar EFB (electronic flight bag).

ahhh. Ok, so maybe of some value using foreflight. Don't recall ever having a problem pushing to the panel, except for BT issues with the latest 9.14 G3X code.

Thanks

Bug on config boot

I did the update today. Seems a bit buggy. On config boot the GTN just went to a blank screen. I left it for a few minutes then pulled the breaker.
Booted up again in config mode. 2nd time it went blank then back to the Garmin screen then the config screen.
What was odd is that the system thought it was updated. My guess is that for some reason the firmware started updating on its own but there was clearly not enough time to complete.

I started the full update as though it had not been done. It proceeded normally from there and indicated completed as expected.

Back