What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gsa 28 roll

Chipper G

Well Known Member
Working on configuring the Garmin autopilot to include the 507 head unit and pitch and roll GSA28 servos. I have pitch working and my Ray Allen trim for pitch and roll work but I can’t seam to get the roll servo to move. I verified all the pin outs are correct including the canbus termination jumper. It engages and disengages as you can hear that but no command on the 507 or GDU for heading changes results in any movement. I increased the torque and went back thru the set up in the manual and everything seams to be correct. Any suggestions

GSA 28 Roll Servo

Good Morning,

What type of aircraft are the servos installed in?

Do you see Flight Director indications calling for a bank in either direction?

Thanks,

Justin

The roll and pitch servos are jumpered differently, and I made that mistake on my installation. I'll let you look up the details...

Correct they are wired correctly and the FD works according to commands. Rv8

Chipper,

Power on your display in configuration mode (press and hold MENU during boot), and touch System Information. Are the pitch and roll servos reporting normally? They should both have a green check mark on their line item.

Thanks,

Justin

Yes sir they do the software is all up to date as well as all the calibrations etc. it’s a strange one. Should be working

Back