What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT gps dropping out

painless

Well Known Member
I’m asking the collective before I contact GRT on this one. Out of the blue, after no issues at all, I’m losing gps info on my Sport SX. I’m using a Safefly gps/Uavionix uAT in concert with it. I can start up, the Sport SX goes through its startup gyrations, and tells me all is good in the world, including gps. Then after a very brief time in the air, I’m told navigation is unreliable and that the gos is TU.

Anyone else see this? Solutions?

I just went through a similar issue on my new Sport 10.1 using the SkyFx as a GPS source.The solution was a GRT software fix. Seems the u avionics sends a Data stream to the sport in a unexpected way. GRT wrote a software fix for me about 2 wks ago. My last 2 flights have had no more problems.
You can use the Demo feature on your sport to save a inflight data recording of what your unit is doing and send it to GRT. They will analyze and let you know.

Jeff get a new $20 GPS antenna Wiley has UAvionics gps, you don’t. I run a 10.1 Sport, no issues, 300hrs. Any issues I have had was always gps. The tiny connector is delicate. SafeFly 2020 is a pretty rock solid waas gps.

Butch

I’m asking the collective before I contact GRT on this one. Out of the blue, after no issues at all, I’m losing gps info on my Sport SX. I’m using a Safefly gps/Uavionix uAT in concert with it. I can start up, the Sport SX goes through its startup gyrations, and tells me all is good in the world, including gps. Then after a very brief time in the air, I’m told navigation is unreliable and that the gos is TU.

Anyone else see this? Solutions?

Where is your GPS antenna or antenna puck located?

An unreliable, but sometimes there signal will cause things to flash orientation changes on the MAP page or go from Synthetic Vision to non Synthetic Vision on the PFD page.

If you are using one of their pucks plugged into the back of the EFIS, make sure that the side sleeves have not been broken off from repeated removal and insertion. If it has, there is a pigtail that you can connect it to that makes a better connection to the EFIS.

Back