What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDU470 "Touch to Expand" chart feature

alcladrv

Well Known Member
I'm flying with a pair of GDU370s and considering swapping them out for GDU470s in my -7A. In reviewing the G3X Touch Pilot's Guide, I saw a feature that looked interesting and wanted to verify.

Is the "Touch to Expand" button available on the GDU470 when used as an MFD displaying an approach plate? Apparently it provides a larger view of the approach plate, covering much more of the screen than the approach plate display on the GDU370. Images in the Pilot's Guide frequently don't specify whether they are from the GDU460 or GDU470.

If the "Touch to Expand" feature is selected on the GDU470, does the presentation of the PFD effectively switch to reversionary mode?

Thanks,

Mike

Is the "Touch to Expand" button available on the GDU470 when used as an MFD displaying an approach plate?

Yes.

If the "Touch to Expand" feature is selected on the GDU470, does the presentation of the PFD effectively switch to reversionary mode?

In your hypothetical two-display system, displaying an enlarged chart on a GDU 470 MFD has no effect on the separate PFD unit.

Back