What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G5 as backup AHRS for RV-12iS?

JimKruse

I'm New Here
Has anyone installed a Garmin G-5 in an RV-12? I have heard reports that there have been vibration issues with its built-in AHRS, has anyone experienced this? Were you able to resolve it? What did you do?

Thanks - (I'm definitely a newbie!)

Has anyone installed a Garmin G-5 in an RV-12? I have heard reports that there have been vibration issues with its built-in AHRS, has anyone experienced this? Were you able to resolve it? What did you do?

I’ve had a G5 for several years - no problems at all.

Jack

I experienced this. I got in touch with Van's, they sent me a replacement AHRS unit. I swapped it out and returned the old one. Very easy and effective solution.

Thanks everyone! Van’s Air Force was a key factor in my kit choice…I’ve finished the tail and expect to start skinning the wings this week.

Back