What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FreeFlight Tech Issues - help each other

recapen

Well Known Member
Folks,
Yesterday, I flew my first flight with my new FreeFlight Rangr.
There is more/better info presented by this device over the previous NaxWorx install - but I had to use a newer SW version SL-70 to get it to work
The PAPR came back clean - not even the NACv was yellow.
Overall, very happy with the new gear!

A couple of remaining annoyances during the start-up phase:
1. The Garmin 430W throws an error message until it gets its' location fix saying the ADS-B device needs repair. This seems like a catch-22 situation since the Rangr can't come up until the 430W gives it a lat/long fix. The error message goes away automatically after the position is established. I am using the 430W as the position source as that is how the previous NavWorx box was installed and this is pretty much a plug-in replacement. This was NOT present with the NavWorx box so I thing the FreeFlight folks can fix this with a software update.

2. The Garmin MX-20 throws an error message on startup if the 430W and Rangr haven's established their position fix. While I can delay starting the MX-20 until after the 430W/Rangr fix is resolved, it does change my start-up procedures. This was NOT present with the NavWorx box so I thing the FreeFlight folks can fix this with a software update.

Anyone else have these or similar issues?

Second flight with the new FreeFlight ADS-B equipment.
Still getting the two error messages.

I will be adding the second antenna shortly - I don't expect the antenna will fix the start-up message issues though!

I’ve had good luck with FreeFlight support sorting a few issues when I installed mine. I’d give them a call.

Back