What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall feed-through studs

dmn056

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm thinking about using the Blue Sea Systems 2204 feed-through connector on my firewall.

2203-2204 - Feed Thru Connector

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations related to these? In particular, anything about flammability of the injection molded base (ZYTEL PA66 FR50NC010)? DuPont's spec describes it as "flame retardant polyamide 66 resin", glass reinforced.

Zytel PA66 FR50NC010

Thank you for your help

I'm thinking about using the Blue Sea Systems 2204 feed-through connector on my firewall.

2203-2204 - Feed Thru Connector

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations related to these? In particular, anything about flammability of the injection molded base (ZYTEL PA66 FR50NC010)? DuPont's spec describes it as "flame retardant polyamide 66 resin", glass reinforced.

Zytel PA66 FR50NC010

Thank you for your help

Judging from the size, the plan was run battery cables through the firewall with this connector? A truly terrible idea. Melt temperature is given as 261C, or about 500F. Firewall components are expected to withstand 2000F. Given an engine compartment fire, the nylon will quickly melt and burn, and as if you didn't already have enough problems, the battery cable will short to the firewall.

Last edited:
Back