What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EZ-3 A/P

Capt

Well Known Member
Anyone out there in RV land got the parameters for the EZ-3 Auto Pilot Alt Hold module?
despite trying numerous parameters I can’t get the Alt Hold to fly accurately. Lateral Nav is fine, it’s good enough but vertical stability is pretty average, hunts up and down.
interested to see what others have set.👍

I flew the various EZ-Pilot models years ago during beta testing but the settings have long escaped my memory. Your best resource is Trio tech service, Jerry can most likely provide the config you need or help you troubleshoot your device, give them a call. Of course this is assuming there are no static leaks and the servo linkage is tight with no play.

I flew the various EZ-Pilot models years ago during beta testing but the settings have long escaped my memory. Your best resource is Trio tech service, Jerry can most likely provide the config you need or help you troubleshoot your device, give them a call. Of course this is assuming there are no static leaks and the servo linkage is tight with no play.
I had trouble getting mine to work. Ended up calling Trio and they walked me through the setup over the phone while I sat in my plane and made the adjustments.
danny

Thanks guys. I’ve been down the Trio help route, was more Hoping someone had current settings I could try.

When I first installed mine, the hold pitched aggressively up & down. The document had the pitot/static port setup reversed. It was an older document & the one online had been corrected.

I had some luck, getting the EZ 3 altitude to hold more stable by: adding a volume chamber to the static input port. What led to this was adding about a 6 foot coil of plastic tubing into the static port input. Refined it by placing a restriction orifice( small drilled hole in a fitting into the static port. Hey it was all experimental. That and readjusting gain and deadband did yield some.positive results. Kinda quit playing with it and left it alone. Works OK .. Never got there, but next step was to change the effective lever arm from the pitch servo. Anyway it's on an rv9 and pitch as well as pitch trim is very sensitive.

Back