What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EAA Airventure 2024 Accommodation Question

vinzer

Well Known Member
Hello everyone!

I have never being at Oshkosh Airventure as of yet :eek:

For this upcoming 2024 I am looking for the reasonably priced accommodation for two people there for full week (camp grounds).
The idea is to rent a small camper there so we can stay for a full week.
Can someone share the source where I can find the camper rentals information with delivery to EAA Camp Scholler ?
I am not sure if this is the reasonably priced option but want to get some numbers.

Couple more questions for these who can answer:

I guess I can also camp at EAA's Camp Scholler with just my tent even though I come without my airplane ?
Is there any electricity available there at camp grounds ?
When registration for Camp Scholler opens?

Thank you!
;)

Last edited:
Check with your local EAA chapter and see if anybody else from your area is going. And check the EAA web site.

Enjoy!

EAA Accommodations

EAA has some camp sites with electricity but very few and they are more expensive. Most people camp with no hookups but some stay in a 24 hour generator section with large RV's & big rigs which have generators on board. Van Boxtel RV out of Green Bay used to rent small RVs and would deliver them,
set them up, and retrieve them after the show. I know someone is still doing that as of 2023. A phone call to Van Boxtel will answer that. We have a very small camper we stay in with a very small Honda generator for lights and use the camp showers and biffy's which are all very clean but they get crowded at certain times. We always have ground transportation so we eat both on the grounds and outside in town. We are equipped since we started attending since EAA moved to OSH in 1970 and we started as residents of Fond du Lac so we are somewhat familier with the area. EAA has a housing office which refers people in accommodations but that doesn't really start until June and Airventure has a website for such things. Hope this helps.

EAA has some camp sites with electricity but very few and they are more expensive. Most people camp with no hookups but some stay in a 24 hour generator section with large RV's & big rigs which have generators on board. Van Boxtel RV out of Green Bay used to rent small RVs and would deliver them,
set them up, and retrieve them after the show. I know someone is still doing that as of 2023. A phone call to Van Boxtel will answer that. We have a very small camper we stay in with a very small Honda generator for lights and use the camp showers and biffy's which are all very clean but they get crowded at certain times. We always have ground transportation so we eat both on the grounds and outside in town. We are equipped since we started attending since EAA moved to OSH in 1970 and we started as residents of Fond du Lac so we are somewhat familier with the area. EAA has a housing office which refers people in accommodations but that doesn't really start until June and Airventure has a website for such things. Hope this helps.

Van Boxtel RV in Green Bay was sold to Camping World this past September.

Hello everyone!

For this upcoming 2024 I am looking for the reasonably priced accommodation for two people there for full week (camp grounds).
Can someone share the source where I can find the camper rentals information with delivery to EAA Camp Scholler ?
I am not sure if this is the reasonably priced option but want to get some numbers.

I guess I can also camp at EAA's Camp Scholler with just my tent even though I come without my airplane ?
Is there any electricity available there at camp grounds ?
When registration for Camp Scholler opens?

Thank you!
;)

Try Apple Valley Camping.

Rvshare.com
Outdoorsy.com

These will get you a camper. You can search for owners who’ll do the setup for you.

responses in red:
Hello everyone!

I am not sure if this is the reasonably priced option but want to get some numbers. We use RVShare.com. We've also used a local dealer in the past but they tend to be 2-3times more expensive than renting from a private owner, plus the private rental tend to come with everything (pots, pans, utensils, linens, etc) while the dealer RV's are totally empty.

I guess I can also camp at EAA's Camp Scholler with just my tent even though I come without my airplane ? Absolutely--Give the Homebuilt Welcome Wagon a call after you land and we'll take you to Scholler registration or your campsite.
Is there any electricity available there at camp grounds? Yes but those sites go fast. There are also a number of charger stations at the Bathhouses, etc.
When registration for Camp Scholler opens? IIRC 30 days prior to the show opening day. I suggest taking a moment and read through the AirVenture Camping and Lodging webpages: https://www.eaa.org/airventure/plan-your-eaa-airventure-trip/eaa-camping-and-lodging

Thank you!
;)

Last edited:
Thank you very much to everyone for their input. I am now reading EAA website information and planning ;)

Back