What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EAA 193 Winter Fly-In

ATTENTION READERS: Due to bad weather predicted for this event day, a NEW rain date has been established: Feb 27, 2010

[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Saturday, Jan 30, 2010 — Jacksonville, FL. Herlong Airport (KHEG). EAA 193 Winter Fly-In. EAA Chapter 193 Winter Fly-In Saturday, January 30th, 2010 9:00am-2:00pm

We will be joining the management and staff at Herlong Airport (KHEG). This event will have MANY activities, including, but not limited to:

* Live music (2 Bands)
* Skydivers (a.k.a. the Meatbombs)
* Remote Radio Broadcast with the world-renowned crew of Flighttime Radio * BBQ lunch
* Conga-line flight of aircraft taking a tour of Jacksonville (tour-de-jax).
* Glider flights
* SNJ on display
* Hot Air Balloon raising
* Flour Bombing Contest
* Spot Landing Contest
* Burgers for Lunch (11:00am-2:00pm)
* RAFFLE - BIG TIME: Odyssey battery, Aviation Print, Lowe's tools, Sears tools, glider flights, Floral arrangements, $500 jewelry gift certificate (donated by Richardson Jewelry and Gifts), and a box of Fine Cigars.
* Red Bird Full Motion Simulator hosted by Atlantic Aviation, Inc.
* Nan Chang formation fly-by's
* RV formation fly-by's

We would like everyone with a plane to join in on this celebration of flight. If you can't attend our meeting this week but would like to join us for the fly-in, please contact one of our officers so we can get more information to you. Don't miss out on the fun... To help coordinate the conga-line, please RSVP to one of the chapter officers (or just reply to the webmaster) so we can get an expected head count for departing aircraft. More info - times, route, and activities - to follow...

Rain Date: Saturday, 27 FEB 2010

Please email
[/FONT][email protected][FONT=Verdana,Arial] for additional details or log onto http://www.eaa193.org
[/FONT]

Last edited:
EAA 193 Winter Fly-In Postponed until Feb 27

Due to predicted bad weather on the Jan 30th scheduled Fly-In... we have had to postpone the event until February 27th.

Sorry you got rained out

I surely hope to go to the next one on February 27. I have RV9A that is stationed at Waycross, GA (KAYS). I will notify you definitely through the EAA web site as time gets closer.

Thanks Cleve,

We were all very dismayed at having to postpone the event.
icon11.gif

Please contact me anytime either thru the website or personally here... as I am also the webmaster/treasurer for the chapter.

See you then...

John

I surely hope to go to the next one on February 27. I have RV9A that is stationed at Waycross, GA (KAYS). I will notify you definitely through the EAA web site as time gets closer.

Back