What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon auto pilot tuning help

ERJDriver

Well Known Member
Hey all,

Still trying to get the new panel where I want it in tune 8. Having an issue with the autopilot tuning, roll is fine. Pitch is everywhere.

Anyone have a pic of their dynon pitch settings?

Main issue is the flight director is commanding 5 degrees pitch to correct less than 100 ft on alt and it gets into a pretty decent oscillation. Nothing that I seem to change has an effect on how much pitch command is commended.

Have read the tuning guide cover to cover

Hey all,

Still trying to get the new panel where I want it in tune 8. Having an issue with the autopilot tuning, roll is fine. Pitch is everywhere.

Anyone have a pic of their dynon pitch settings?

Main issue is the flight director is commanding 5 degrees pitch to correct less than 100 ft on alt and it gets into a pretty decent oscillation. Nothing that I seem to change has an effect on how much pitch command is commended.

Have read the tuning guide cover to cover
Here are some suggested settings Dynon sent me awhile back for the SkyView AP. Might be a good starting point for AP tuning.

Pitch Axis:

i-Q53v99c-L.jpg

Roll Axis:
i-NZzQwnQ-M.jpg

Here is what I'm using for pitch:

Pitch AP settings after v16.0.1 6:2:2021.png

Link to Dynon's current Autopilot In-Flight Tuning Guide (Rev F, 2/28/2024). For Skyview Software Version 16.7 and AFS Software Version Vx16.10.

Might have been helpful if you would have shown what you are using.

Last edited:
Thanks, started off with the default settings which seems like the prefer for the 8. I’m just gonna start kver

Back