What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DeltaHawk 200/235

Does anyone know if they can be configured with inverted oil? Their website doesn't mention anything about aerobatics or inverted flight at all, so probably not.. but maybe?

They got back to me very quickly...

Thank you for your interest in DeltaHawk. While we don't believe there are any barriers to negative G or aerobatics as our engine uses a dry sump oil system, DeltaHawk would have to fully evaluate the engine and enhance several support systems before being installed in such an aircraft intended for these flight categories. Our engine is designed for the Normal and Utility Aircraft categories per 14 CFR 23.3.

Last edited:
I understand the opinions/realities on the promises of these alternative engines. But since this is actually a certified option now, maybe a small glimmer of hope for these higher HP class airframes (10/14/15) that can accept more weight on the nose.

For some reason I thought they weren’t selling to E-AB aircraft builders but only OEMs and folks re-engining standard certificated aircraft.

Back